Thursday, October 13, 2011

Travelling

So, travelling is a little hard when your map has managed to go missing.
It's a little harder when you're in the middle of nowhere and three-quarters of your map is ashes.

I've been going northwest, for no special reason other than that it is a direction which is not east.
It's a little hard to find an unsecured wireless signal and when you have no map and you're worried about something slender happening, navigation is markedly harder than if you're simply lost.

Suffice it to say my travels have been delayed, and I am not best pleased by this. While we're on the subject of slender. Ticking. There is a persistent noise of ticking. I've been doing my best to drown it out with music but I've run into a single problem. Nothing rhythmic works. Which means most music with a beat is out. So classical music it is. I spent yesterday driving to most of the Peer Gynt Suite.

7 comments:

  1. Hey not knowing where you're going isn't half bad. You should try it.

    Peer is cool, but I'm more of a Chopin person. Nocturne No. 2 is a great one.

    ReplyDelete
  2. It's a horrible sensation. And I really can't afford to be lost at this point. On deadline.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Well if you have somewhere you need to be then I suppose it's different.

    ReplyDelete
  4. It seems to have caught fire while I was asleep.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Only two kinds of paranoia Elaine.
    In any case, I'm not going back to sleep until I stop driving at this point.

    ReplyDelete