Friday, November 18, 2011

Paradise 4/8

And within one I heard beginning:
When
The radiance of grace, by which is kindled
True love, and which thereafter grows by loving,


Within thee multiplied is so resplendent

That it conducts thee upward by that stair,

Where without reascending none descends,


Who should deny the wine out of his vial
Unto thy thirst, in liberty were not
Except as water which descends not seaward.


Fain wouldst thou know with what plants is enflowered
This garland that encircles with delight
The Lady fair who makes thee strong for heaven.


Of the lambs was I of the holy flock
Which Dominic conducteth by a road

Where well one fattens if he strayeth not.


He who is nearest to me on the right

My brother and master was; and he Albertus

Is of Cologne,
I Thomas of Aquinum.

No comments:

Post a Comment