Friday, November 4, 2011

Nightmares

I had nightmares as a kid. The usual stuff, horrible clowns, ghosts, whatever scary movie I'd seen recently. You get used to nightmares. And then your head finds something else to use.
That's how it works.
I used to have dreams about a forest. Then nightmares. And then, I got used to those.
Well hello there nightmares, I see you've managed to come up with something new.
And I'm really starting to be sick to death of waking up screaming every few hours.
I'm worried that I'll get used to these nightmares. I'm terrified of the idea of getting used to them.

So I'm leaving Hope. It's hard to explain. I don't really get it myself. But it feels like there's a storm brewing. Just a massive, great-grandmother of a storm ready to blow the walls down. And I really don't want to be around for when it hits.

North-bound one more time. Let's see if it sticks. Elaine's been kind enough to put me on a plane so I can get my van back, and then it's all wide open from there.

1 comment:

  1. Incidentally Michael, you forgot some things.
    I've taken the liberty of leaving them where you'll find them.

    ~R.C.S.

    ReplyDelete